WARNING! This URL (in the Main cluster) is no longer the authoritative source for this page; it has been moved to the VOS or ODS cluster as appropriate instead.
See Tim Haynes in case of confusion.
phpBB 3 SIOC Reference
What is it about?
Unobtrusive generation of RDF instance data from phpBB 3.
You simply use phpBB 3 as-is while reaping the benefit of "Linked Data Views" into your bulletin board data via the SIOC Ontology.
In addition, you attain transparent integration between phpBB 3 and NNTP such that phpBB 3 data becomes accessible to NNTP aware applications.
Why is it important?
Unified Storage of heterogenous data originating from a variety of applications and associated protocols that is exposed as RDF instance data.
Thus, benefits include:
- SPARQL access to phpBB 3 data via a SPARQL Endpoint
- Dereferenceable URIs (drill-down facilitating data pointers) for all data items (Entities) in the "Discussion Forum" / "Bulletin Board" domain (also referred to as Boardscape)
- Coherent exploitation of conceptual similarities between phpBB 3 and objects in the NNTP (Usenet / newsgroups) such as two-way interaction with common date via NNTP news-reader utilities or web-based discussion forum clients bound to phpBB 3 or NNTP.
How can one use this feature?
- Obtain an Open Source of Commercial Edition of Virtuoso ( enable PHP Hosting Support during installation)
- Install the virtuoso_phpbb_hosting_filesystem.vad package
- Go to http://:[port]/phpBB3
- Use phpBB 3 as per usual
- Query SPARQL Data via the endpoint: http://:[port]/phpBB3 using RDF Data Source URI (Named Graph): http://:[port]/phpbb_v (for Virtual Graphs) and http://:[port]/phpbb (for Physical Graphs)
What are the Linked Data Views supported?
Can I See This In Action Anywhere?
Key phpBB 3 to SIOC Mappings
CategoryRDF CategorySIOC CategorySPARQL