Crunchbase Cartridge - Configuration Guidelines
Crunchbase is a free database of technology companies, people, and investors.
The Sponger extractor cartridge for Crunchbase exposes Crunchbase entries as Linked Data.
A corresponding meta-cartridge identifies company and people names in Linked Data and performs lookups against Crunchbase to further enrich this data with Crunchbase information.
The Crunchbase extractor and meta cartridges both require a Crunchbase API key.
The same API key can be used for both cartridges.
Obtaining an API Key
To obtain an API key:
- Go to the Crunchbase Developer Portal and register for a user account.
- After registering as a user, apply for an API key.
- In the "Crunchbase Application Registration" form:
- You can use any application name acceptable to Crunchbase, e.g.
- Under the section "Select which Web APIs this application will use", ensure the "Issue a new key for Crunchbase API" checkbox is checked.
- After clicking the "Register your application" button, your new Crunchbase API key will be displayed.
Configuring the Crunchbase extractor and meta cartridges
- In the Conductor UI, click on the "Linked Data" tab, then the "Sponger" tab.
- Under the "Extractor Cartridges" tab, select "Crunchbase" from the list of cartridges.
- In the cartridge configuration form at the bottom of the page, enter your Crunchbase API key in the "API Key" field, then confirm the update.
- The Crunchbase meta cartridge is configured in a similar way to the extractor cartridge.
Select the "Meta Cartridges" tab, select "Crunchbase" in the list of meta cartridges, then enter the Crunchbase API key in the "API Key" field.